Bushfire Hazard Reports & Consulting Services
Over time, as our population increases and moves into new areas, the issue of preparing for and mitigating against the risk of bush fire has become increasingly complex. One of our most important assets during a bush fire is a well prepared community. – Minister for Police, and Minister for Emergency Services, the Hon. Troy Grant MP
Comprehensive consideration of bush fire hazards and risks in the planning system requires a sound understanding of the hazards and risks, as well as consideration of strategic planning and development controls that will adequately mitigate these identified risks, as outlined in the National Disaster Resilience Strategy, COAG2011.
Reduce your bushfire risk today…
Our Bushfire Management Services
Bushfire Assessment Reports
To comply with Planning for Bushfire Protection (PBP 2006)
Completion of Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) Risk Assessments
Bushfire Hazard Reduction Certificates
Applications for Bushfire Hazard Reduction Certificates
Asset Protection Zone Clearing
Provision of Asset Protection Zone (APZ) Clearing in accordance with NSW RFS Regulation
Why Choose Us?
Bowantz Bushfire & Environmental P/L is an experienced consultancy firm that has the inherent experience, skills and qualifications to help determine and implement safe, logical and sensible bush fire planning solutions for your home construction project or building/planning developments.
Bowantz staff can navigate the relevant legislative and regulatory instruments (as provided below) to support the development of solutions to your bush fire planning needs.
- The revised 2018 edition of Planning for bushfire protection NSW Rural Fire service
- AS3959-2099 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas
- NSW Rural Fires Act 1997
- The NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and amendment Act 2017
- The NSW Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016
We currently retain quality trained staff who are Level II accredited practitioners under the Bushfire Planning and Design (BPAD) Accreditation Scheme, administered by the Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia).
The BPAD Accreditation Scheme recognition program for bushfire planning and design (BPAD) Accredited Practitioners was developed to assist the community in undertaking development on land subject to bushfire risk and associated impacts.
Qualifications & Certificates
- Graduate Certificate – Planning for bushfire protection: University Western Sydney
- Master Environmental Science: University of Wollongong – (Majors – Environmental planning & River Science)
- Bachelor of Conservation Biology – University Western Sydney
- Graduate Certificate – Environmental Science: Australian National University.
- Diploma Conservation and Land Management: NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment & Training: AQTF qualified work place trainer and assessor.
- Certificate III Environmental Practices (TAFE NSW)
- Certificate II Environmental Ecology (TAFE NSW)
- Trade Certificate Horticulture – Parks & Gardens (TAFE NSW)
- Trade Certificate Structural Landscaping (TAFE NSW)
- NSW Workcover accreditation WHS committee members
- Bushfire Awareness & Bushfire fighting NSW RFS
- Chemcert Chemical Users Accreditation Level III
- Advanced Tree Felling
- Senior First Aid Certificates
- GIS Mapping & Spatial Analysis
- Traffic Controllers Certificates
- Working in confined spaces Certificate
- Boat Licences
- Vertebrate Pest Animal Control – AHC Modules
- Elevated Work Platform Licence
- NSW Firearms licence
- Medium Rigid Truck Licences
- Car Licences